Happy New Year!
I hope you had a Merry Christmas. Here are some things we are looking at for 2016:
- Fundraising for the pool will have to pick up pace.
- The new landfill should be operational by the end of the year.
- We need to be working with our regional neighbours on a host of issues ranging from planning to fire to economic development.
- We need to continue to consider economic diversification and what that looks like here.
- A new camera and microphones are being installed in Council Chambers so the live-streaming experience is significantly better.
- The Fire Department will be receiving lots of attention through an organizational review leading to a new Fire Hall and the design of a new fire truck.
- A new park is being developed between Coleman Cres and Hahn Cres; a big thanks go to the working group for their design work.
- Continued investment in the WCEC.
- Work towards city status will ramp up.
- The Quality of Life Plan will be brought into focus. This plan includes economic development, culture, and recreation – these three components of community life are critical for the sustainability of communities.
- Heartland Health will be presenting to Council on February 8th regarding the Kindersley Health Services Needs Assessment.
- Kindersley will be receiving a provincial award in February for the backwash water project.
- In case you are not aware, the Province goes to the polls in April and MLA Bill Boyd is up for re-election.
- There is a municipal election in October. Please start pondering now if you want to be a member of Council in one capacity or another.
- The Conflict of Interest regulations have been tightened so please consider their potential impact on you, your family, and your business.
Finally, I want to give a big thank you to all of our volunteers; you are the marrow of Kindersley. If you see a volunteer give them a big thank you too. Our volunteers do good work
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Have a safe holiday season.
Please write or phone if you would like me to discuss a particular topic. If you have any questions or comments, drop me a line at the town office or email me at email@example.com. You can also check out my blog at johnenns-wind.ca . I appreciate your feedback.